The Sixth Annual Conference of Network of Rural and Agrarian Studies will be held during 20-22 September 2018 at Central University Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. The theme of the Conference is `Whither Rural Commons? State Policy, Natural Resources, and Agrarian Change‘.
You can read the detailed Concept Note for the conference below.
Call for Papers
We are inviting papers for the conference on following sub-themes:
1. The Idea of Rural Commons: Can we think of the rural-commons?
2. Rural and agrarian change in the western India
3. Natural resources as commons: Land, water and air
4. Cultural commons: agricultural knowledge, community sense and political mobilization
5. State, Civil society and community participation: Can there be a new model of management of commons?
6. Identification of major threats to the commons: Technology, Economic rationality and political externalities
Short introduction of paper between 800-1000 words.
The introduction should clearly mention the sub-theme of the conference in which the paper fits.
The write up should clearly mention the methodology, objectives and nature of the study.
Final papers upto 5000 words with Harvard referencing style.
Please use this link to submit your abstracts.
Opening call for papers: 12 May 2018
Last date for abstract submission: 15 July 2018
Selection of abstracts: 30 July 2018
Last date for sending confirmation to attend the conference: 8 August 2018
Last date for final paper submission: 10 September 2018
Conference dates: 20-22 September 2018
For more details you can follow us on