The Fifth edition of the Mentoring Initiative of the Network of Rural and Agrarian Studies (NRAS) is being organised in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD). The Mentoring Initiative 2019 has two components:-
- An online component as part of which, selected participants will receive detailed feedback towards developing and refining a paper from their dissertation/thesis work.
- Mentoring Workshop at IIT Delhi on September 26, 2019 as part of which participants will present their final papers and will receive detailed feedback from a panel of scholars part of NRAS.
Who Can Apply?
Scholars pursuing a Masters or Doctoral/Phd degree in research areas concerning rural and agrarian India can apply for this mentoring initiative. Preference will be given to applicants from non-metro cities and those having done schooling through non-English medium. We are looking at selected 10-15 scholars for the initiative.
- Step 1: Interested scholars can apply by submitting an abstract (not more than 2 pages) and a short biography (250-300 words) here. Last date for application is May 30, 2019.
- Step 2: The list of successful applicants will be announced on May 31, 2019 and successful candidates will be assigned and connected with their mentors.
- Step 3: The selected scholars will submit a paper of upto 5000-6000 words by July 31, 2019.
- Step 4: Over the next two months (Aug-Sept) the mentors and mentees will engage in an iterative process where mentors will provide inputs towards revision of the submitted paper and mentees will revise the draft for finalisation.
- Step 5: Mentees will present the final paper during the Mentoring Workshop at IIT Delhi on Sept 26, 2019 where detailed feedback will be provided by a panel of scholars from NRAS. The modalities for continued mentoring will be worked out during the workshop.
Travel and Accommodation
Travel expenditure incurred by selected applicants upto 3-tier AC of Indian Railways will be fully reimbursed and accommodation will be provided free of cost.
Call for Abstracts: April 16, 2019
Submission of Application and Abstract (max 2 pages and short bio): May 20, 2019.
Announcements of Successful Applications and Assignment of Mentors: May 31, 2019
Last Date of Submission of Paper: July 31, 2019
Inputs for Revision of Submitted Paper: Aug-Sept 2019
Mentoring Workshop at IIT Delhi: September 26, 2019
Mentoring Workshop 2019 Poster/Flyer
List of Participating Mentors So Far
- Aniket Aga, Ashoka University
- A.R. Vasavi, Independent Scholar, Bengaluru
- M. Vijaybaskar, Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai
- P.S. Vijayshankar, Samaj Pragati Sahayog, Bagli, Madhya Pradesh
- Richa Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Siddharth, Independent Scholar, Bengaluru